Anyway, so I decided to check out exactly who this Richard Falk guy is. He almost seems like a villian in an Ayn Rand novel, he is that obviously misguided or just plain evil. Anyway, here are the highlights (from Wikipedia):
- In 1973, he defended a domestic terrorist who murdered a math researcher at an Army research center, saying Americans had 'a right, and perhaps a duty' to oppose the Vietnam War. So somehow in his looney tunes world, peace activists could resort to violence for the sake of peace. I don't think there is enough LSD in the world to make that make sense.
- In 1979, he defended Khomeini, saying he "created a new model of popular revolution based, for the most part, on nonviolent tactics, Iran may yet provide us with a desperately-needed model of humane governance for a third-world country." How long after that meeting did Khomeini create a violent dictatorial theocracy? You really can't make this up.
- Falk is a truther who believes that neocons and/or the US government had something to do with 9/11. In other words, a complete paranoid lunatic.
- He has compared Israeli actions to those of the Nazis.
- He was on the advisory boards of the World Federalist Society and American Movement for World Government, which basically believes he wants the UN to rule the world.