Tuesday, February 28, 2012

All's Fair in Love and Defeating Romney

I do understand why I should be upset by Santorum's robocalls in Michigan which try to attract Democrats by attacking Romney's support for TARP and his lack of support for the GM bailout.  In fact, Professor Jacobson at Legal Insurrection has a great post on the subject.  But honestly, I have come to the conclusion that I don't care.  All is fair in love and defeating Romney.  He is the biggest hypocrite in politics that I have seen in a long time and he needs to be  beaten and beaten badly.  This is the guy who savaged Newt for supporting an individual mandate in the past, despite being the only Governor, Republican or Democrat, to actually pass an individual mandate in their state.  Attacked Newt for his plan to combat illegal immigration while at the same time not being clear how his plan would actually be different.  He even accused Newt of funding abortions despite the fact that Newt has a 98.6% lifetime rating from the National Right to Life Committee while Romney was pro-choice for years.  Recently, he attacked Santorum for voting for earmarks that he himself received and voting for No Child Left Behind, which he himself supported!

I don't care what tactics any of the GOP candidates use to defeat him anymore.  He clearly deserves it. 

What really is funny is the comment he made in December when Newt's campaign was complaining about Romney's over the top negative advertising.  Romney said,  "if you can't stand the heat in this little kitchen, wait until the Obama's Hell's Kitchen turns up the heat."  Now what is that saying about Karma again?

4 comments:

  1. This blog put me in the Newt camp, but what do you make of his recent Afghan comments? Is he going to have to explain himself AGAIN? I've taken a lot of flack for endorsing him (I'm a Libertarian who supports the Bush Doctrine) and frankly I'm pissed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEru8m0nXHo&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty much in the same place. I'm a hawkish libertarian. I think Newt is 100% right on his comments on afghanistan. Our soldiers are killed and we are apologizing? Now our troops will be put on trial? Its absurd. Anyway someone needs to stand up to obama. The other gop candidates are too busy sniping at each other.

      Delete
  2. But what about the message to Afghans to "figure out how to live your own miserable life", and his quote that "We're not going to fix Afghanistan. It's not possible." It seems to undermine his above admonition to Obama about early troop withdrawal. It's discouraging if Newt is succumbing to isolationism. Say it isn't so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think he is succumbing to isolationism, nor do I think he ever will. It's just realism. It's been a tiring conflict where we cant even trust our allies. I think most Americans probably feel the same as he.

      Delete