Friday, October 7, 2011

Scott Brown on Elizabeth Warren Deciding Not To Take Her Clothes Off: "Thank God"

Elizabeth Warren, the likely Democratic nominee for Senate in Massachusetts, who has the sex appeal and the looks of a Communist apparatchik (as well as the philosophy), took a jab at Senator Scott Brown at a Democratic candidate debate the the other day.  When asked how she paid for Harvard she said she "kept her clothes on", a reference to Scott Brown's spread in Cosmopolitan.   I really have to say I loved Scott Brown's response when asked about it on the radio "Thank God".  He continued by saying (over the DJ's laughter):

You know what, listen: Bottom line is, you know, I didn't go to Harvard. You know, I went to the school of hard knocks. And I did whatever I had to do to pay for school. And for people who know me, and know what I've been through, mom and dad married and divorced four times each. You know, some real challenges growing up. You know, whatever. You know, let them throw stones. I did what I had to do. But not for having that opportunity, I never would have been able to pay for school, and never would have gone to school, and I wouldn't probably be talking to you. So, whatever.

Kudos to Scott Brown for not taking any crap.  It really is amazing what he has been able to accomplish.  His parents divorced, his mom had to go on welfare.  He was sexually abused by his camp counselor when he was 10 (the counselor threatened to kill him if he told anyone), physically abused by his stepfathers, bounced around from living with his mom to his aunt and grandparents.  He even was arrested for shoplifting in his early teens.  But straightened himself out, worked hard, eventually becoming a US Senator.  I think it is pretty clear Elizabeth Warren has no right to judge him.  Next time Elizabeth Warren gets that question about how she paid for college she should respond "I didn't pay for it, society did" or some such communitarian nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment