Monday, September 28, 2015

In one answer Trump goes from saying we need to end ISIS forcefully to saying we shouldn't do anything and let our enemies deal with it

Does Trump actually listen to a thing that Trump says?  More from his 60 Minutes interview:

Scott Pelley: We're at war with ISIS as we sit here. How do you end it?

Donald Trump: I would end ISIS forcefully. I think ISIS, what they did, was unbelievable what they did with James Foley and the cutting off of heads of everybody I mean these people are totally a disaster. Now, let me just say this, ISIS in Syria, Assad in Syria, Assad and ISIS are mortal enemies. We go in to fight ISIS. Why aren't we letting ISIS go and fight Assad and then we pick up the remnants? Why are we doing this? We're fighting ISIS and Assad has to be saying to himself, "They have the nicest or dumbest people that I've ever imagined."

Scott Pelley: Let me get this right, so we lay off ISIS for now?

Donald Trump: Excuse me, let --

Scott Pelley: Lay off in Syria, let them destroy Assad. And then we go in behind that?

Donald Trump: --that's what I would say. Yes, that's what I would say.

...

Donald Trump: If you look at Syria. Russia wants to get rid of ISIS. We want to get rid of ISIS. Maybe let Russia do it. Let 'em get rid of ISIS. What the hell do we care?

So he starts off by saying he would end ISIS forcefully because they are so unbelievably evil and then right after he argues that we essentially shouldn't do anything and let Assad/Iran/Hezbollah/Russia deal with them.  I guess he can never be attacked for flip flopping as he has come for and against attacking ISIS in the same answer!

It's as if the interview asked "what do you think we should do on ISIS"  and Trump answered "yes".  Of course his Trumpitista's will say his answer is brilliant and oh he is so smart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment